It’s the NFL’s version of Christmas! Nothing screams the start of a new season like the NFL Draft. Unlike the last few years, this year we have gotten a very mixed back of talent, a lot of players that could be stars and a lot that look like they need more time – all in the first round. Topping the draft boards for many teams are the defensive trio of Quinnen Williams, Nick Bosa, and Devin White – but the biggest question is who of them will come off the board first? With that, let’s get started with the first ever Tagline Sports NFL Mock Draft.
(1) ARIZONA CARDINALS – Quinnen Williams (DT, Alabama)
All words I’ve heard out of people close to the Cardinals organization is that they won’t be going with Kyler Murray. While Murray would fit Kingsbury’s system perfectly, it is hard to just cut out Rosen with only a year to develop, and a year that was in turmoil. Instead, take the best player in this draft. Could they still take Murray – sure, but taking Williams will benefit this team a lot more.
(2) SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS – Nick Bosa (DE, Ohio State)
49ers have loved Bosa for over a month now, after being torn between him and Williams. Nick Bosa already is preparing like he will be in the Bay Area and this could be the biggest lock of the night.
(3) NEW YORK JETS – Ed Oliver (DT, Houston)
Most have Josh Allen here, but GM Mike Maccagnan has made it known that he loves Ed Oliver and new DC Gregg Williams is looking to build the defensive line first. Trading down also seems like the likely scenario, possibly with the Redskins.
(4) OAKLAND RAIDERS – Kyler Murray (QB, Oklahoma)
The Raiders are the most interesting team in the Top Ten. They’ve made no moves with regards to this pick and have focused much more on who they love for later in the draft. Instead, they dumped their scout team and said that this pick would be a “surprise” – well taking a QB would sure be that. Murray would fit will with what Gruden wants and its no secret that Jon Gruden wants to see Kyler in the black and silver.
(5) TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS – Devin White (LB, LSU)
Bruce Arians is looking for his star, and he thinks he has found it with Devin White. A great fit for a team that has a huge whole at linebacker.
(6) NEW YORK GIANTS – Josh Allen (LB, Kentucky)
To start Draft season, it seemed so likely that Dwayne Haskins would fit in the Giants puzzle, but the team has made it clear they will be looking to the defense. They have been open about wanting Oliver or White, both who are off the board by now – instead look for a solid edge rusher in Josh Allen, who will bolster what is a very week outside defense in New York.
(7) JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS – Jawaan Taylor (OT, Florida)
One of the weakest positions for the Jags right now is at offensive tackle and Jawaan Taylor is the top tackle in this draft. While its known that they really like Jonah Williams, and may trade down for him, if they stick around, Taylor will be staying put in the state of Florida.
(8) DETROIT LIONS – Rashan Gary (DT, Michigan)
I do not expect the Lions to stay here. However, if they don’t trade out, this is the next likely choice. Detroit needs desperate help on the defensive line, a place that has been falling apart for them as of late. Rashan Gary offers that and much more and could end up being the second best defensive talent in this draft.
(9) BUFFALO BILLS – T.J. Hockenson (TE, Iowa)
The Bills need two things in this draft: weapons for Josh Allen (the QB) and protection for Josh Allen. They get both with T.J. Hockenson, who is one of the best draft TE talents I’ve seen in over half a decade. He can command attention in the passing game and block like an offensive lineman – nothing better than killing two birds with one stone.
(10) DENVER BRONCOS – Dwayne Haskins (QB, Ohio State)
Does Haskins fit the bill for this team? No. Is Haskins a developed quarterback ready for the NFL? No. Is Haskins who John Elway likes? Absolutely. While Drew Lock is the better fit for the system (and Daniel Jones is the best QB in this draft by far), Elway was impressed by Haskins enough to put his eggs in this basket.
(11) CINCINNATI BENGALS – Drew Lock (QB, Missouri)
(12) GREEN BAY PACKERS – Cody Ford (OT, Oklahoma)
(13) MIAMI DOLPHINS – Jeffery Simmons (DT, Mississippi State)
(14) ATLANTA FALCONS – Clelin Ferrell (DE, Clemson)
(15) WASHINGTON REDSKINS – Daniel Jones (QB, Duke)
(16) CAROLINA PANTHERS – Jonah Williams (OT, Alabama)
(17) NEW YORK GIANTS – Greg Little (OT, Ole Miss)
(18) MINNESOTA VIKINGS – Andrew Dillard (OT, Washington State)
(19) TENNESSEE TITANS – Christian Wilkins (DT, Clemson)
(20) PITTSBURGH STEELERS – Devin Bush (LB, Michigan)
(21) SEATTLE SEAHAWKS – Brian Burns (DE, Florida State)
(22) BALTIMORE RAVENS – Marquise Brown (WR, Oklahoma)
(23) HOUSTON TEXANS – Johnathan Abram (S, Mississippi State)
(24) OAKLAND RAIDERS – Josh Jacobs (RB, Alabama)
(25) PHILADELPHIA EAGLES – Jeffery Simmons (DT, Mississippi State)
(26) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS – Dexter Lawrence (DT, Clemson)
(27) OAKLAND RAIDERS – Greedy Williams (CB, LSU)
(28) LOS ANGELES CHARGERS – Rock Ya-Sin (CB, Temple)
(29) SEATTLE SEAHAWKS – DeAndre Baker (CB, Georgia)
(30) GREEN BAY PACKERS – Noah Fant (TE, Iowa)
(31) LOS ANGELES RAMS – Montez Sweat (DE, Mississippi State)
(32) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS – Irv Smith, Jr. (TE, Alabama)
Leave a Reply